The life and happens of Andy, Stephanie, Kaylee and Colton!
1John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Countdown to 5!

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Countdown to 1!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hemoglobin

Well, I have had this entry waiting to be posted for over a week. I could not decided if I wanted to share the info or not. Bu,t I finally thought since I am so nervous and terrified of this possibility it would be good write about it and share my fear. I am asking for prayers for a calm heart and that God's will be done over my anxiety.

I had another trip to the hospital for fluids last Thursday, March 12th mid afternoon and we found out again that my hemoglobin is very low. Apparently in pregnancy your blood creates extra blood to accommodate two people along with preparing for birth since you typically lose 2 units of blood during delivery. I should have a level reading in the 11 or mid 12 and mine is in the low 9. This means if I can not raise this level through protein and iron supplements I would have to receive a blood transfusion after Colton's birth. I am doing everything the doctor has encouraged which includes taking a liquid vitamin and iron tablets YUCK! These make me sick to my stomach and unfortunately cause constipation which simple means I have to take more Colace. Isn't pregnancy fun! Anyways all of that to say that I also have to prepare for the real possibility of a blood transfusion so we are having family and friends donate blood under my name through United Blood Services, fun times. I am O+ so I have a lot of options. I have been very blessed by the number of family members and friends who are all willing to get stuck to donate to me. Thank you in advance to all of you who are donating blood I wish I knew how much they really needed, but they just collect a set amount for each person. Once again I am reminded just how wonderful my family is along with the close friends who are also giving.

2 comments:

BusyMommy said...

We will pray, but I am B- so that's about all you want from me...

Joy said...

Hey - I can't wait to see some baby pictures - pleeeeaaaase :)